Saturday, June 25, 2005

Tentative

You are having a rare opportunity to witness the birth of something, even though you might have missed it.

I have a great many decisions to make over the course of the next few days (weeks even) which will eventually result in the format for the presenation of the Wolf Story. I am toying with a number of strategies. I am inclinded to think that the one that I was settled on last night is close to being right. Spectre of Dammerwald could be split into two books but it is not all that natural. At every other place the splits in the One Pack elements of the original series is natural and follows the breaking points of the series. The elements of the story from the original Books seven, eight and nine become Book Seven of the One Pack series. That one could become another volume as the plot focus is altered.

It could end up being that there was a 300+ page book at the beginning and a number of 160 - 200 pages novels between followed by a 300 page conclusion. That really is how it was written. The alternative is a 1400+ page conglomeration. My intention from the outset of this exercise was to produce a volume that I could print out in two or three copies. I planned to give one to Ela'na, and keep the other one or two copies, as a reference. That may be the end result anyway but I am toying with the idea making a series of books from the story.

E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home