Saturday, May 21, 2005

Fried Windows bathed in a Light White Sauce

Sometimes when I first wake up in the morning I scramble to write down an idea or something that still lingers in my mind after experiencing a dream. Later on in the day, if I read whatever I jotted down it usually doesn't make a lot of sense. Occasionally, thought things that I have dreamed have been of use. Regardless how unusual, the ideas connect to another idea. It is alsmo like finding a piece from a puzzle that looks almost right in leading to the overall solution, but it is not. However the right piece happened to be resting on the table beside it.

I had a dream last night. Overall it was about the Theory of Special Relativity. I have never professed that I am anything but a nurd and perhaps the subject of my dream unsderscores and even emboldens the test of that label. However, the dream was not really about physics. It just happened that the c oncept was in there and there was a reference made to Einstein. In the dream I was talking about Albert they were talking about Haim, that nice little Einstein boy who lives on the otherend of town.

In the dream I was driving, trying to follow the directions that someone had given me to their house. I was trying to deliver a computer system and I was a little pressed for time. Anyway I felt urgency and frustration in the fact that none of the directions made sense. The customer that I had spoken to over the phone was an elderly lady who seemed incapable of giving a coherent direction, or even her address for that matter. So I did what anyone in my position would do. I drove to the area that I thought I knew and looked for a letter carrier.

"Oh, oh, Mrs. Fields," he said and I was elated that he apparently knew not only the name but the lady. "Well, well, then you are lost. I used to deliver her mail, then they brought me in from the rural routes," he explained further.

"Well what it confusing is that she told me to drive to the edge of downtown and up the hill and just before I reached the top, make a u-turn and look for a street on the right. When I find it turn left, no the first left but the second left, the more crooked raod of the two."

"Yes, and you drive straight down that road."

"Straight down a crooked road," I mused.

"Yes, exactly," he confirmed. "She was giving you the right directions. The second road is crooked but it is the striaghest way to her house."

"Okay. Then she says to look for a farmhouse with one door and no windows."

"Yes, that would be her place."

"A house with windows?"

"Well, there was a tough season, a while back. The crops were not up to expectations and money was hard to come by."

"What does that have to do with why there are no windows in their house. Did they sell them?"

"No they ate them."

I thought I had miunderstood. "They ate their windows?"

"Fried and bathed in the light white sauce," he smiled. "At least that is what she told me.

"That's crazy."

"Before you pass judgement, go meet Mrs. Fields. She is a gem. She has a story to tell everyone and anyone but the story that she tells is just for you."

"I really don't have the time..."

"Make the time," he said. "Just have an open mind, I mean a wide open mind. She has a rare gift."

"And she eats windows?"

"Well, I don't know that for a fact. It was what she told me. Maybe she just has a bizarre sense of humor. But once you get to know her, really know her, you will never look at the world in the same way."

"If that is a sales pitch, it is not working."

"Hey you make your own decisions," he said. "Look I have to go. You think you can find it now?"

"I'll give it a shot."

"If you get lost, drive until it starts to get dark. Pull over to the side of the road and you'll be there."

"You're as crazy as she is."

"And you're not?"

"Well I have had my doubts at times. Everyone does."

"You think that everyone does."

"Well, maybe that too."

"Look, I said open mind. Wide open mind. Do not judge anything or anyone. Get past that. It is what is holding you back. If you down't open your mind to every and any possibility, you will be frustrated the whole time and your experience will be tragically wasted and personally painful."

TO BE CONTINUED

E

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There Elgon Williams how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on dream guide and I came across yours. while Fried Windows bathed in a Light White Sauce wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for dream guide stuff. Thanks for the read!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elgon Williams it never ceases to amaze me how creative people are, especailly the young ones, gives me hope for the future. Anyway I was looking for information on dream symbol and landed on your page. I was looking more for dream symbol so Fried Windows bathed in a Light White Sauce wasn't an exact match but I enjoyed reading your posts. Take Care. I'll bookmark your blog for future.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elgon Williams greetings from down under. I was searching for the latest information on dream dictionary , I can see how I landed on your page. While Fried Windows bathed in a Light White Sauce wasn't exactly what I was looking for. (I was after dream dictionary related stuff) I ejoyed reading your blog, I'll come back agin to read future posts. Take Care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home