Saturday, August 06, 2005

Famous Last Words - Re: Wolf Stuff

It is done! At least I think that it is done. Then again is anything ever done?

For the past few months I have been working on the accumulation of stories, notes, and other assorted pieces that I extracted from One Over X - The Series, Two: The Power of X - The Series and Spectre of Dammerwald. My intention was the make everything connect, have all the errors and inconsistencies rectified and then produce from it a series of shorter, book length volumes that I could print out, keeping one as a reference and sending another to Ela'na. I still intend to do the later. It is just that I wonder whether I will ever do much of anything with the 'new' series as it is presently compiled.

As the two master series were written, they depend pretty heavily on the Wolf Stuff. The text in the nine volumes of 400 or so pages each could sand alone without the Wolf Stuff but the point of connection might be confusing. It is pretty obvious that something is missing.

Although the Wolf Stuff is better at standing alone, even it had connecting points that stick out like a sore thumb as references to other plotlines that are missing from the 'new' series formatting. Yes, I considered removing all those things and I even considered forgetting that the master series are connected to the Wolf Stuff. The problem is that if separated and published in that format, neither of the bodies of text make as much sense as if they are printed together.

So now I have a Fall 2005 project. I plan to go through the One Over X - The Series and Two: The Power of X - The Series and perform a major revision and overall facelift. This is necessary anyway as it has been over two years since I have read One Over X completely and I have never really sat down and read Two: The Power of X -The The Series from start to finish. In that I finished the later only last year that may not be as surprising a statement as it might at first seem.

In the process of revising and improving, I guess that I will determine the best format for finally presenting all the material as it is all interconnected in plot and many characters appear in all of the books. The conclusion of the Second Series as well as One Over X is actually a part of the Wolf Stuff that I extracted. So for the sake of ensuring that the integrity of those series is maintained, I need to keep the material complete and connected.

The complete, interconnected work, from start to finish is about 3600 pages. Roughly 1600 Pages belong to the Wolf Stuff.

If anyone would be interested in the Wolf Stuff as a separate work, I may offer a limited production of it, published on demand. My publisher shares my reservations about this peculiar formatting of the extracted Wolf Stuff but there have been some of you that expressed interest in seeing the work in separate volumes.

E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home