Saturday, January 22, 2005

Connections

In the process of trying to figure out any number of the relationships between things, I have come to this conclusion: one of the things that helps us succeed on each of our individual journies through life is the set of connections that we have established, even from the earliest moments of life. I might venture that life is only about connections but I know that is not the case. Still, most everything in life is assisted through the network of important connections.

I spend a good bit of time in my early twenties establishing a personal philosophy. I had decided that at some point a writer must do that, so it was an imperitive. It would be a worthwhile endeavor for anyone to establish a philosophy as it is beneficial to establish the connections and and find the place in life that best suits us. That few ever perform this exercise shouts that the overall progress of humanity is hindered when there are people who do not care to know the truth let alone pursue it.

What I arrived at as a personal philosophy has served me well enough. It may not be a perfect set of goals as a condition for life but nevertheless I have been faithful to the overall objectives of my purpose.

I believe that it is the purpose of everyone to make life easier for everyone else. It is also the purpose of everyone to learn all that can be learned about the connections between things and other people.

What does it matter if I am wrong. It hurts nothing to have a selfless goal. I think that anything that is not totally focused on self interest is a pretty good thing to attach aspirations. I definitely invite comment. I suspect there is much greater wisdom out there because I am familiar with the depths of my own stupidity.

E


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home